Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Tongan language week



Image result for tongan shield

One the 6th of September we celebrated the Tongan culture at the somerville hall which use to be Tamaki intermediate. First we sang the New Zealand national anthem, Tongan national anthem, the prayer and finally Miss Kelly’s speech. When it was the Tongan groups turn we did a Tongan dance together with boys and girls. Our next dance was just boys only. Parents was coming up on stage dancing and singing. When we were doing our dance I felt really nervous. Later on it we did a ma’ulu’ulu together with the Kia Toa syndicate and I was also given $15 dollars from my mother and I was so happy. When the assembly finished we went back to school to the hall to eat Tongan food. I ate potato salad, corn beef, taro and sweet and sour. When I was eating I went down to sit with my friends on the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment